Dr. Dan Liu studied soft condensed matter physics in the University of Surrey since Oct. 2006, and was awarded a PhD in Jun. 2010. Her PhD thesis is entitled " Protein nanopatterning on self-assembled polymer thin film templates and their application as substrates for cell adhesion". From Nov. 2010 to Aug. 2012, she was a post-doc research associate in the School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leeds, working on lipid membrane. This work was funded by European Commission and Yorkshire Forward, and was a collaboration between the University of Leeds, University of Hull, University of Bradford and Unilever. In 2013, Dan was awarded the "ChuTian" Scholar of Hubei Province, and was appointed associate professor in the School of Materials Science & Engineering at Wuhan University of Technology, China. Her research interests include soft matter physics and polymer materials.
1. Chlorinated fullerene dimers for interfacial engineering toward stable planar perovskite solar cells with 22.3% efficiency. Hui Wang, Fabao Li, Pang Wang, Rui Sun, Wan Ma, Mengting Chen, Weiqiang Miao, Dan Liu*, Tao Wang*. Adv. Energy Mater., 2020, 10, 2000615.
2. Ionic additive engineering toward high-efficiency perovskite solar cells with reduced grain boundaries and trap density. Feilong Cai, Yu Yan, Jiaxu Yao, Pang Wang, Hui Wang, Robert S. Gurney, Dan Liu*, Tao Wang*, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2018, 28, 1801985.
3. Mesoporous silica hybrids as antireflective coating to enhance light harvesting and achieve over 16% efficiency of organic solar cells. Yalun Wang, Mengxue Chen, Donghui Li, Zhiwei Huang, Yuchao Mao, Wenjiao Han, Tao Wang, Dan Liu*. J. Mater. Chem. C, 2019, 7, 14962-14969.
4. Contrasting effect of organic chloride additives on performance of direct and inverted perovskite solar cells. Pang Wang, Hui Wang, Fagnhao Ye, Huijun Zhang, Mengting Chen, Jinlong Cai, Donghui Li, Dan Liu*, Tao Wang*. ACS Appl. Mater. & Interfaces, 2019, 11, 37833-37841.
5. Molecular ordering and performance of ternary non-fullerene organici solar cells via bar-coating in air with an efficiency over 13%. Yuchao Mao, Chuanhang Guo, Donghui Li, Wei Li, Baocai Du, Mengxue Chen, Yalun Wang, Dan Liu* and Tao Wang*, ACS Appl. Mater. & Interfaces, 2019, 11, 35827-35834.
6. Superhydrophobic and photocatalytic PDMS/TiO2 coatings with environmental stability and multifunctionality. Yaling Wang, Zhiwei Huang, Robert S. Gurney, Dan Liu*, Colloids and Surfaces A, 2019, 561, 101-108.
7. Environmentallly durable superhydrophobic surfaces with robust photocatalytic self-cleaning and self-healing properties prepared via versatiel film deposition methods. Zhiwei Huang, Robert S. Gurney, Tao Wang, Dan Liu*. J. Colloid & Interface Sci., 2018, 527, 107-116.
8. Efficient protein-repelling thin films regulated by chain mobility of low-Tg polymers with increased stability via cross-linking. Jinghui Zhang, Zhiwei Huang, Dan Liu*. Appl. Surf. Sci., 2017, 426, 796
9. Chain mobility and film softness mediated proteinantifouling at the solid–liquid interface. Dan Liu*, Juan Guo, Jin-Hui Zhang. J. Mater. Chem. B 2016, 4, 6134.
10. Surface and interface modified thermal, structural and charge transport properties in conjugated polymer thin films. Hui Qin, Dan Liu*, Tao Wang*. Adv. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 3, 1600084.
11. Instability of hydrophobic and viscoelastic polymer thin films in water at room temperature. Dan Liu*, Tao Wang. J. Phys. Condens. Matter., 25:415101 (2013)
12. Deviations of the glass transition temperature in amorphous conjugated polymer thin films. Dan Liu*, Rodrigo Osuna Orozco, Tao Wang. Phys. Rev. E, 88:022601 (2013)
13. Cell adhesion on nanopatterned fibronectin substrates. Dan Liu, Che Azurahanim Che Abdullah, Richard P. Sear and Joseph L. Keddie. Soft Matter, 6: 5408-5416 (2010)
14. Self-assembly of an amyloid peptide fragment–PEG conjugate: lyotropic phase formation and influence of PEG crystallization. Valeria Castelletto, Gemma E. Newby, Daniel Hermida-Merino, Ian W. Hamley, Dan Liu, Laurence Noirez. Polym. Chem., 1: 453-459 (2010)
15. Protein nanopatterning on self-organized poly(styrene-b-isoprene) thin film templates. Dan Liu, Tao Wang, Joseph L. Keddie. Langmuir, 25: 4526–4534 (2009)