Dr. Robert Gurney received his PhD from the University of Surrey in 2013 under the supervision of Professor Joe Keddie. His thesis is entitled “Development and Characterisation of Stimuli-Responsive Waterborne Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives”. He spent a further 6 months in the same group as a post-doc, working with industrial partners on moisture analysis and scanning probe microscopy of polymer films, before moving to the Soft Materials group at ESPCI in Paris. There, he worked on the adhesion and rheology of SBR at short time scales with Profs. Costantino Creton and Anke Lindner, collaborating with Michelin. He joined the group at Wuhan University of Technology in May 2017 as a post-doc to study optoelectronic devices.
1. “Molecular Weight Dependence of Interdiffusion and Adhesion of Polymers at Short Contact Times.”, R.S. Gurney, R. Schach, A. Henry, A. Lindner, C. Creton. Langmuir, 2017, 33, 1670–1678
2. “Mechanical properties of a waterborne pressure-sensitive adhesive with a percolating (acrylic acid)-based diblock copolymer network: Effect of pH.” R.S. Gurney, A. Morse, E. Siband, D. Dupin, S.P. Armes, J.L. Keddie. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2015, 448, 8-16
3. “Power Density Threshold for Switching Off the Tack Adhesion of Colloidal Nanocomposites.” B. Cooper, R.S. Gurney, E. Siband, D. Dupin, J.L. Keddie. Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2014, 215, 998–1003
4. “Influence of Polyol Molecular Weight and Concentration on the Tack and Peel Properties of Waterborne Polyurethane PSAs.” N. Akram, R.S. Gurney, M. Zuber, M. Ishaq, and J.L. Keddie. Macromol. React. Eng. 2013, 7, 493–503
5. “Large-Area Patterning of the Tackiness of a Nanocomposite Adhesive by Sintering of Nanoparticles under IR Radiation.” R.S. Gurney, D. Dupin, E. Siband, K. Ouzineb, J.L. Keddie; ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2013, 5, 2137–2145
6. “Switching Off the Tackiness of a Nanocomposite Adhesive in Thirty Seconds via Infrared Sintering.” R.S. Gurney, D. Dupin, J.S. Nunes, K. Ouzineb, E. Siband, J.M. Asua, S.P. Armes, J.L. Keddie; ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2012, 4, 5442–5452.