Perovskite solar cells evidence a rapid progress since 2009. The photoactive layer is made of organic-inorganic hybrid, or all inorganic, materials, e.g. CH3NH3PbI3-xClx, with a perovskite structure (an ABX3 crystal structure of calcium titanium oxide). The structure of the device evolves from meso-superstructure to planar heterojunction. Our approach to enhance the efficiency and stability of these devices includes composition engineering, additive engineering, interfacial engineering, various solution casting methods (i.e. spin coating, spray coating, bar coating), post-treating (thermal and solvent annealing).
In-Plane Device Structure Out-of-Plane Device Structure J-V scans
Scalable Thin Film Deposition Methods Employed in Our Work
Bar Coating Spray Coating
1. Hui Wang, Faobao Li, Pang Wang, Rui Sun, Wan Ma, Mengting Chen, Weiqiang Miao, Dan Liu*, Tao Wang*. Chlorinated Fullerene dimers for interfacial engineering toward stable planar perovskite solar cells with 22.3% efficiency. Advanced Energy Materials, 2020, 10, 2000615.
2. Pang Wang, Yixin Zhao, Tao Wang*. Recent progress and prospects of integrated perovskite/organic soalr cells. Applied Physics Reviews, 2020, xx, xx. (Invited review)
3. Liyan Yang, Alexander T. Barrows, David G. Lidzey*. Tao Wang*. Recent progress and challenges of organometal halide perovskite solar cells. Reports on Progress in Physics, 2016, 79, 026501. (Invited review)
4. Feilong Cai, Yu Yan, Jiaxu Yao, Pang Wang, Hui Wang, Robert S. Gurney, Dan Liu*, Tao Wang*. Ionic additive engineering toward high-efficiency perovskite solar cells with reduced grain boundaries and trap density. Advanced Functional Materials, 2018, 28, 1801985.
5. Liyan Yang, Feilong Cai, Yu Yan et al., Conjugated small molecule for efficient hole transport in high-performance p-i-n type perovskite solar cells. Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, 27, 1702613.
6. Feilong Cai, Jinlong Cai, Liyan Yang, et al., Molecular engineering of conjugated polymers for efficient hole transport and defect passivation in perovskite solar cells. Nano Energy, 2018, 45, 28.
7. Liyan Yang, Mingliang Wu, Feilong Cai, et al., Restrained light-soaking and reduced hysteresis in perovskite solar cells employing a helical perylene diimide interfacial layer. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2018, 6, 10379-10387.
8. Feilong Cai, Liyan Yang, Yu Yan et al., Eliminated hysteresis and stabilized power output over 20% in planar heterojunction perovskite solar cells by compositional and surface modifications to the low-temperature-processed TiO2 layer. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017, 5, 9402-9411.
9. Xuan Liu, Xinxin Xia, Qiuquan Cai, et al., Efficient planar heterojunction perovskite solar cells with weak hysteresis fabricated via bar coating. Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells. 2017, 159, 412-417.
10. Liyan Yang, Yu Yan, Feilong Cai, Jinghai Li, Tao Wang*. Poly(9-vinyl carbazole) as a hole transport material for efficient and stable invertd planar heterojunction perovskite solar cells. Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells. 2017, 163, 210-217.